HomeAdvisor, a subsidiary of IAC, is an innovative internet company that helps homeowners improve their homes, and contractors grow their businesses. A vibrant online marketplace offering an array of resources to its customers, HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado. We’ve grown up from our startup days – now with a half-billion dollars in annual revenue – but we’re nimble to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. Combine this with our parent company’s increased investment in our growth means lots of exciting opportunities to grow with us.
Our business is complicated, with a large team of sales and operations professionals working to grow our network of nearly 150,000 service professionals. We’re constantly exploring better ways to operate, and trying new things; coupled with our rapid growth there are innumerable opportunities to support the company with your insight. This makes the Operations Analyst role critical to the continued success of HomeAdvisor by providing the information necessary to make great decisions.
We work daily with the operations and product leadership teams to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to financial performance. The role covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities, from reporting to strategic analysis to test market evaluation. This won’t be a monotonous job – the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
You’ll need to know your way around Excel, have an aptitude for relational databases, and a solid helping of common/business sense. As important as your analytical skills, your ability to synthesize large data sets into digestible information will be key. In your first year our goal is to have you capable of querying our database for insights, communicate opportunities to leadership, then establish reporting and ongoing monitoring to ensure proper execution of the strategy. This is not a “take orders” environment – you are here for your passion and input about improving HomeAdvisor – bring us ideas and pursue new approaches to solving problems to make us better and smarter!
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a financial/business analysis role
- Advanced Excel experience; knowledge of SQL, Access, or other relational databases
- Strong grasp of statistics
- Experience with visual analytics such as Tableau a plus
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/