Business Analyst (Implementations)
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. For the past 17 years, Billtrust has achieved remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for documenting the functional requirements, technical specifications and template documentation designs for clients business needs while providing expertise in product knowledge and feature/functionality as it relates to business requirements. You will be also responsible for reviewing complex data files, mapping documents, client requirements and providing guidance on best practices. You will need to be able to speak to the internal technical capabilities of Billtrust’s products while understanding client requirements in order to provide clients the direction and guidance on their options for the best user experience as it pertains to their business needs.
- Regularly communicate progress and alert Project Managers and stakeholders if a deliverable is not achievable or is likely to slip, allowing sufficient time for a sensible course of action while recommending alternative approaches and/or options to accommodate deadlines and prevent slippages
- Work closely with stakeholders to clearly define what will be considered in and out of scope for the project and ensuring all project team members and stakeholders understand the impacts if any and obtain all necessary sign-offs
- Be the main point of contact for Application Support Team in fielding questions/concerns regarding requirements and assisting the team in developing their test plans
- Be the main point of contact for other internal Billtrust Teams in fielding questions/concerns as it relates to the build of how to support a client’s in-scope requirements
- Consistently learning and keeping up to date on Billtrust products, capabilities and new features
- Support and analyzes the feasibility of presales and sales opportunities where necessary
- Write detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training
- Recommend, and make improvements to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Desk Top Procedures (DTP) documentation that is leveraged by the team for implementing clients
- Participate in the learning and development of junior professional services staff
What you'll bring to the team
- 3+ years of experience in a Business Analyst or related role
- Expertise with written and oral communication in gathering and documenting requirements, creating functional design specifications, business writing skills and interacting with business partners and technical resources at all levels of organizations both internally and externally
- Outstanding problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience and strong proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and non- technical personnel
- Outstanding ability to decompose high-level information into details and applying creativity to solving or providing options to complex problems
- Looks at the global picture and thinks outside of the box by communicating creative and innovative thinking by bringing new ideas and improvements forward
- Develops a well-defined, shared understanding of the project scope
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.