Big Data Business Analyst
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position is responsible for assisting Zayo’s sales efforts to identify targeted buildings and customer sites. The Big Data Business Analyst will utilize various tools and vendors available to Zayo to research building tenants, key customer sites, and customer contacts. Additionally, this role will assist with customer generated RFP’s to identify sites on Zayo’s network, and their distance from Zayo’s network and all associated costs. The Big Data Business Analyst may also be called upon to assist in broad market research in coordination with various business development groups within Zayo.
- Site and tenant analysis with the various tools available to Big Data, including open source tools.
- Compare customer building lists with Zayo’s building database within Salesforce and the network proximity for buildings not on Zayo’s network.
- Market based research to identify target buildings and customers in collaboration with sales and business development teams.
- Assist sales and product with targeted sales campaigns by providing building and tenant data to key stakeholders.
- Research data center locations and update relevant data in Salesforce.
- Assist with general data integrity tasks as they relate to customer sites, building and location data in Salesforce.
- Assist the Tranzact team with sandbox testing when needed.
- 0-2 years of experience in querying large data sets with SQL or similar.
- Ability to understand and create reports and dashboards within Salesforce.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong desire for teamwork and working in group settings.
- Capacity to work on multiple projects and meet various deadlines.
- Aptitude for learning new/different processes within the company to better understand other data architectures and workflows.
- Capable of solving unique problems.
- Attention to detail and a basic understanding of aesthetics is essential.
- A general understanding of telecom is preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.