What You’ll Do
- You will work on our Delivery and Activation team, owning large parts of our data and reporting pipeline. You’ll put your expertise to work building and maintaining data flows, and building reports that help our customers make better decisions about their business. You will optimize existing ETL processes and build out our data warehouse. You will help to investigate new software and database technology to better meet the needs of the engineering organization.
What We’ll Achieve
- We’ll provide intuitive reports that enable stakeholders to make better decisions and measure the outcomes.
- We’ll confidently expand our data foundation to include diverse systems and tools so that we can easily identify trends and opportunities for our customers.
- We’ll sing your praises for the quality code you write, and the valuable insights you bring to the team.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way business is done out in the field, thanks to your commitment to building quality product!
Who You are
- You have 3+ years experience implementing BI/data visualization platforms and tools.
- You have deep knowledge of relational database concepts and management strategies.
- You have advanced SQL skills.
- You have created and managed complex ETL flows.
- You are a strong software engineer with a passion for large-scale systems and professional experience with Kafka, Java, Scala, Python, or R.
- You may have worked with Spark or in the Hadoop ecosystem in the past (or are willing to in the future).
- You can articulate storage and data access technology tradeoffs to guide decisions enabling performant and scalable presentation of analytics data.
- You always value the team over individuals, and can point to examples of successful collaborative cultures you have thrived in.
- You are tech balanced and vendor/product neutral - You leave personal bias out of it.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- You accept and act on constructive criticism, and recognize the value of knowing what you don’t know.
- Bonus points if you not only have these skills, but have also applied them to scaling applications!
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, as well as the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces. GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.