Corporate Staff Accountant
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Corporate Staff Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Accounting and FP&A teams with month end close, financial analysis, and account reconciliations. The successful candidate will analyze and review accounting entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements while applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Monthly financial close activities, including preparing journal entries and account
- Account Reconciliations
- Prepare intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Variance Analysis
- Multi-currency accounting including re-valuations and booking forex gain/loss
- Ensure transactions are in compliance with Zayo accounting policies and US GAAP
- Reporting Monthly Results to FP&A & Management
- Work with AP/AR function to ensure accuracy
- Develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals
- Other duties as needed
- Degree in Accounting or Finance from a four year college or university
- 1+ Years Accounting/Finance Experience
- Proficiency in Excel
- Candidates must possess excellent analytical, judgment, and decision making skills
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends especially during month end close
- High energy individual with strong work ethic
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.