Golde, CO / Tacoma, WA
About the Job
IllFonic is seeking an experienced VFX Artist to join our team on our next great title for PC and consoles. Do you have an amazing eye for creating mind blowing effects? Are you passionate about the process of conceptualizing, creating, and animating environment, character and combat effects? If so, you should join our creative and innovative game studio where you will help build visually compelling game play environments.
Qualified applicants will need to send a portfolio of their work, complete a test, as well as interview both over the phone and in person in order to be considered. We are looking for team players that are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.
- Creating high quality visual effects from concepts and design ideas
- Create VFX using particles, geometry, shaders, flip books, etc.
- Implementation of effects into Unreal engine 4
- Solicit feedback from designers and art director to accommodate game play and art features into the environment.
- Work with the art director, tech artists and the lead environment artist to bring a cohesive artistic vision to life.
- Maintain a high artistic quality bar for the game
- Mentor junior or mid-level effects artists
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as an VFX Artist
- At least 1 shipped title using Unreal Engine
- A firm understanding of PBR compliance and lighting
- Experience with node-based shader editors for use in real time engines
- Experience with a scripting language. Mel, Python, or Maxscript (a bonus)
- 3+ years professional experience developing high quality game titles
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self-driven with good communication skills
- Experience tackling challenges and problem solving
- Experience working closely with many other disciplines as well as being a team player
- A Firm understanding of AfterFx, Photoshop, ZBrush