Greater Denver Area
Establish Pie as the preeminent commercial insurance among small business owners by providing high-level research, analysis and communication support to our team of Underwriters.
How You’ll Do It
As an Underwriting Associate, you will make the Underwriter more efficient, which in turn increases the level and speed of service we provide to small businesses. The Underwriter Associate will be responsible for variety of data tracking, entry, and database updates. These updates are based on information gathered during in the Underwriting process.
Whether It’s Right For You
We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed. That means we need our Underwriter Assistant to be highly detailed, flexible to adapt to shifting priorities, and effective in communicating new information and research to support the Underwriter.
Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to take initiative to ensure an efficient data tracking and research process.
This is an associate level role. We expect you’ll have spent at least six months previously working in an insurance, financial services and/or lending support role.
Day to Day
- Process submissions that come from numerous channels and capture data in systems of record.
- Gather, consolidate, and input information from 3rd party services and partners.
- Conduct risk and exposure research around the types of activities employees are working on (businesses that have been submitted to Pie).
- Send out request for additional information, quotes, and assist in communication between Underwriters and Partners.
- Your role is mission critical and allows the Underwriter to analyze and serve our customers with speed and precision.
- Systems and tools you’ll use include but are not limited to: HubSpot, Salesforce, INsurity, our native platform, and Microsoft Excel.
The Right Stuff
- Execution. Ability to balance the outstanding execution of processes while handling a high volume of request.
- Communication. Sending accurate and timely information to the Underwriter and Partners which directly enhances and elevates the customer experience.
- Customer Research. You’ll also be verifying businesses using Google, Yelp, LinkedIn, Facebook and similar sites, so comfort navigating those is required
- Tech Savvy. You’ll constantly use INsurity, HubSpot, Outlook, and possibly also Salesforce, so prior experience with those systems would be helpful
- Experience. Prior experience with workers’ compensation or other P&C lines preferred but not required.
- Education. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge to position the team for exponential growth. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description