Technical Writer - Team Lead
We are looking for an inquisitive, energetic, user experience-savvy Technical Writer – Team Lead who can guide a team of writers to support our mission to help users solve problems and adopt our software. As a lead for the Documentation team, you will partner with other writers and teams across the company to support software releases and optimize content to improve the user experience.
The Lead Technical Writer will be a key contributor in creating and improving user-facing documentation for both providers and consumers across multiple products. You’ll execute against the team’s content strategy, have the freedom to experiment within your content set, and work with a talented team of writers to share best practices and define team standards.
A successful Technical Writer – Team Lead will:
- Work one-on-one with other writers to help them deliver their projects
- Guide career development, including training opportunities for team
- Develop and edit exceptional text and video content using industry standards and company style guides
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, triaging and prioritizing with autonomy
- Dig deep into our products in order to understand user workflows and processes, ensuring content is relevant, compelling, and actionable
- Collaborate with partner teams to support software releases, preparing stellar support documentation to coincide with the release
- Identify and propose solutions for improvements to team processes
- Work with other Technical Writers and stakeholders across the company to develop and implement content strategies that best serve users of Vertafore products
- Benchmark Vertafore’s content against similar offerings in the software industry, staying on top of the latest technical writing trends and implementing best practices to improve the user experience
- Analyze business metrics and content interaction data to critically assess content, and make informed content optimization decisions using those data points
At Vertafore, we value diverse perspectives, perpetual learning, and continuous
improvement. Each day we bring an open mind, a willingness to give and receive feedback,
and a dedication to creating quality user experiences.
Over the past 40 years, Vertafore has advanced the business of insurance by bringing together the best software in the industry to help agencies, carriers, and MGAs run their organizations. Today, we’re proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, cut costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore helps our customers deliver exceptional value to their clients with innovative, intuitive, and comprehensive products and services. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight— right when customers need it most.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment. Visit http://www.vertafore.com/careers today!
Our Product Development teams solve problems with a strong customer focus and
collaborate in an open, inquisitive, and positive manner. As creative technologists, we see
the beauty of humanity in each other and therefore show respect for ourselves and those
around us. This allows us to show up for our team and take risks, knowing it’s okay to fail.
We regularly engage in coaching, mentoring, agile ceremonies (like retrospectives), and fun
team activities. We define problems based on user needs, not based on technological
capabilities. We endeavor to do things in new ways that add value to our world.
All of these factors create a Product Development environment that is fun, collaborative, and
innovative. This is highlighted by our quality delivery, happy customers, and diverse, highly
empowered team with career mobility.
Come join us and be part of the action!
Skills & Requirements
Who are you?
You have some solid experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing with a focus on platforms, software, and workflow applications
- Experience managing teams and complex content initiatives for software development teams
- Experience managing cross-functional content projects in a matrixed environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with content tagging strategies, SEO optimization, and information taxonomy
- Proficient HTML and/or XML skills
- Experience creating and maintaining short-form video content
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Have astounding written and verbal communication skills
- Have awesome customer service skills
- Love finding innovative solutions to problems
- Are all about collaboration and teamwork
- Believe that data is your friend
- Have read everything else here and are really excited about this gig
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Insurance industry business practices and terminology
- Madcap Flare
- TechSmith Camtasia
- TechSmith Snagit
- Google Analytics
You may need to travel 1-2 times per year to visit other Vertafore locations within the United States. Location visits are usually 2-4 days.