Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 75 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are in the process of obtaining our B Corp certification, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Proposal Writer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Proposals, the Proposal Writer will be responsible for developing sales proposals for Uplight’s energy efficiency, customer engagement and demand management products that meet each utility’s diverse business objectives. In doing so, this person will directly contribute to Uplight’s aggressive growth targets.
What you get to do:
The Proposal Writer is responsible for creating and designing proposals that lead to new business or expanded programs. The following is a list of your primary responsibilities:
- Have a holistic understanding of Uplight’s solutions to identify content and materials needed to satisfy proposal requests.
- Work with Sales Leads to frame proposal response strategy and timelines.
Meet proposal deadlines by:
- Establishing priorities and deadlines for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Monitoring progress and delivering status updates to stakeholders.
- Facilitating Deal Review Board meetings to receive approval on program design and pricing.
- Submitting proposals prior to deadlines.
- Collect information from content owners and other subject matter experts across departments.
- Lead collaborative process by engaging stakeholders, following-up on requests, and obtaining executive review and approval.
- Write, revise, edit proposal drafts to produce a final, high quality polished product that has a consistent structure, format, and tone.
- Create compelling content that grabs the reader’s attention.
- Ensure submission compliance with the solicitation requirements.
- Create/maintain proposal file organization (electronic, cloud).
- Continually improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach and coordination.
- Contribute to content creation and materials review for marketing, sales and product teams, as needed and available.
- Maintain functional and industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, etc.
- Further accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to other facets of the company.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Excellent creative and technical writing skills with an eye for detail.
- Strong project management capabilities with an ability to prioritize and delegate tasks, as appropriate.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in writing and proposal management.
- Experience supporting an advanced technology B2B organization.
- Expertise with cloud software and shared files (SharePoint and Google), shared calendars (Google) and Zoom.
- Energy industry experience strongly preferred.
- Possess critical thinking skills, which utilize the ability to take complex technical concepts and present them in a relatable, differentiated manner.
- Process improvement-focused, adaptable mindset.
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast paced environment and manage multiple proposals at one time with a commitment to produce the highest quality documents.
- Exceptional communicator (written and oral) with maturity and ability to influence colleagues, must be able to reinforce structured processes.
- Proven track record of delivering impactful results.
- Desire to own the process and see a proposal through from concept to completion.
- Please apply by including a resume and writing sample
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink