Director, Learning, Certification and Digital Media Development
Scaled Agile, Inc. is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 250,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of position:
In our new role we are looking for a creative learning and certification content development leader. The leader should have the experience and skills to inspire a talented learning and certification and media team, and provide strategic leadership related to the evolution of Scaled Agile’s course development, certification and digital media design and development initiatives.
The learning and certification team develop and produce a wide-range of content including: instructor led training training, professional development videos, webinars, presentations, podcasts, live training broadcasts, promotional videos, video-on-demand, conference media, and still photography. All for a variety of platforms including the SAFe Community Platform, web and social channels for US and international distribution.
You will develop agile strategies to develop and maintain course content and ensure the delivery of high value learning materials that are engaging, effective, and actionable.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate to build a business vision for content development and distribution at
- Provide a clear point of view on how to build and support a diverse learning and certification media portfolio
- Arrange content for maximum membership impact, engagement, and retention
- Lead a high performing team of learning and certification professionals, instructional designers, course owners, graphic designers, video specialists, coaching
- Lead, support, and inspire product development flow, technical quality, and creative output
- Work with SMEs and development teams to ensure all concepts are fully realized with appropriate deliverables, budget, and calendar support throughout all stages of development, production, and post-production
- Ensure that the team has capacity to meet growing demand using contractors and expanding the team
Manage to key metrics:
- Ensure that the vision for initiatives are achieved
- Maximize for customer value, capacity utilization, quality, flexibility, and timeliness.
- Implement systems to collate and manage customer and SME feedback on course content and develop a cadence for course maintenance.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- This role won’t be the first time you’ve led a major content development group for an organization.
- You’ve built a 10+ year career in course development and have recently held a key leadership role with a background in developing content for an international audience and using multi-media and blended learning approaches.
- You will participate in our Senior Leadership Team to provide input to business decisions for the evolution and growth of Scaled Agile’s business model.
- Appreciation and understanding of effective workflow management practices and tools will help you integrate into an Agile collaborative environment and culture
- Leadership to provide alignment and visibility within the organization and enable continuous improvement of content production processes.
- Recent developments in adult learning and blended learning, new forms of content distribution
- Deep understanding of the digital/social landscape, and are up to date with the latest content consumption trends
- Proven background in professional education and certification and modern learning technique
- Experience in developing blended learning and have a vision for keeping us competitive in content distribution, marketing and video and web based learning.
Likely skills, knowledge and practice areas:
- Experience with development and evolution of instructor led classes and certification programs in an international context
- A passion for developing high quality learning products incorporating brain science and modern adult learning approaches
- Skills in designing blended learning approaches that combine self directed online learning, multimedia and classroom learning for maximum effectiveness
- Practiced in updating and maintaining courseware and certifications, managing the communications, marketing, and release process
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Practiced in team collaboration, planning and execution
- Ability to provide support and guidance for every aspect of course and digital media production.
This position is based in our corporate headquarters in Boulder.
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and a serious opportunity to be the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, with a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters).