Content Operations Specialist
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Content Operations Specialist is responsible for managing the, quality, reliability, and stability of linear programming within the Sling TV app. This role will work closely with Sling TV’s programming partners, third party video delivery vendors, and various engineering teams to onboard new networks, maintain current channels and continually improve programming operations processes with internal and external partners. You will act as a liaison between all teams involved in the successful playout of content on our platform and be responsible for frequent, timely communications to keep operations running smoothly. In this role you will be able to directly impact our customer’s user experience by influencing the overall presentation of programming and content within the app, such as: overseeing the proper display of programmer assets, including logos, asset tiles, and content metadata; strategy for the presentation and categorization of content; maximizing the asset availability through video lookback; and generating new ideas using out of the box thinking. Additionally, you will contribute to the visual representation of all channels across the Sling website, including logos, descriptions, and placement. Additional duties and responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Full ownership of assigned networks and linear channels including: onboarding, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Quality Assurance (QA) and ongoing maintenance to improve channels overall quality, reliability and stability
- Project management of internal projects and process improvements to streamline operational efficiencies
- Management of relationships with multiple programming partners including: status meetings; frequent progress updates; project execution on varying tasks
- Ensure that correct and current logos are displayed on the Sling TV app, our website and are made available for Programming Operations, Marketing, and Editorial teams
- Work with Release Management and I.T. to add new partners to the Sling website and make updates as necessary
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Content Operations Specialist will have the following skills:
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to balance aggressive short-term deliverables and long-term goals while staying focused on sustainable operational initiatives with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management; knowledge of digital ad operations, knowledge of ad campaign lifecycles, management, and execution tools pertaining to all digital platforms and across all lines of business; knowledge of agile software project management methodologies and tools such as Agile Central (Rally)
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management and change management
- A genuine desire and acumen for business process and flows with a resilience to work in an evolving environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with C-level executives, ad sales managers and executives, marketing managers, operations managers, I.T. management, software development, test teams, engineering, programming managers and executives, programmers/networks and infrastructure teams
- Solid experience with Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint