Content Editor (B2C)
If you have a passion for great storytelling that educates and motivates, a rock-solid grasp of grammar, and a love of deadlines (both real and imagined)—then this is the job for you!
At TrainingPeaks, we know that great content has the ability to educate our users not only about how to use our products, but also how to train the best way for an event. We’re athletes ourselves, and we love being a part of a company that works to help other athletes reach that starting line.
With that in mind, we are in the process of expanding our content channels and providing more opportunities to help our existing and potential users train smarter, find the right guidance and get motivated to reach whatever endurance goals they have their heart set on.
Reporting to our content director, the Content Editor (B2C) will play a vital role in this expansion. On a daily level, they will manage, curate and edit training, racing and nutrition content from our TrainingPeaks coaches and partners for our blog, write weekly and monthly newsletters, and help track content metrics.
Beyond that, they will also work with the content director and the marketing team to help coordinate the development of larger training, racing and nutrition guides and assist in the content strategy and execution of several yearly marketing campaigns.
The day-to-day in this role will look like:
- Sourcing content written by qualified endurance coaches to be included in the TrainingPeaks blog and training/racing guides
- Editing article content for quality, accuracy, and voice and tone
- Writing weekly and monthly newsletter content
- Facilitating relationships with media and managing company PR inquiries and announcements
- Tracking article metrics
- Repurposing and write new article content as needed
- Assisting content director with content planning and marketing campaign strategy
- Performing other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you need to have:
- Minimum of 5 years previous journalism or marketing experience
- Copyediting experience
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Proficiency with Wordpress (or another similar CMS)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with SEO best-practices
- Ability to travel up to 10% as necessary
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience as endurance athlete or coach
- Experience using TrainingPeaks products and services including TrainingPeaks Coach and Athlete Edition, Best Bike Split, and WKO4
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or communications preferred
If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!
Benefits and Perks include:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust