Content Editor (B2B)
If you have a passion for great storytelling that educates and motivates, a rock-solid grasp of grammar, and a love of deadlines (both real and imagined)—then this is the job for you!
At TrainingPeaks, we know that great content has the ability to educate our coaches not only about how to use our products, but also how to expand their coaching skills and grow their business. We’re endurance coaches ourselves, and we love being a part of a company that works to help coaches find success and streamline their workflow.
We're currently in the process of expanding our content channels and providing more opportunities to help our existing and potential coaches learn how to use our products more efficiently, grow their coaching business and learn from a growing community of other successful coaches.
Reporting to our content director, the Content Editor (B2B) will play a vital role in improving our coaching content. On a daily level, they will manage, curate and edit coaching content from our TrainingPeaks coaches and partners for our blog, coordinate content planning efforts with our athlete content editor, and help track content metrics.
In addition to working on the blog side, this position will also play a vital role in the expansion of our online course portfolio. Working closely with the education manager, they will help coordinate the development of online education courses and coaching education resources.
The day-to-day in this role will look like:
- Sourcing content written by qualified endurance coaches to be included in the TrainingPeaks Blog, online courses, and/or guides
- Editing coach-submitted content for quality, accuracy, and voice and tone
- Editing recorded video and audio using editing software for use in e-learning platform
- Performing other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you need to have:
- At least 3 years prior experience in journalism, marketing or another related field
- Proficiency with video editing software such as Camtasia
- Proficiency with audio editing software such as Audacity
- Proficiency with Wordpress (or another similar CMS)
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with SEO best-practices
- Ability to travel up to 5% as necessary
- Experience as endurance coach or athlete
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience using TrainingPeaks products and services including TrainingPeaks Coach and Athlete Edition, Best Bike Split, and WKO4
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or communications preferred