CIP Intern - SQA Engineering
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
As an Intern with IHS Markit, you will undertake work on a real business project intended to add value to your team as well as provide you with a great learning opportunity.
Overview of the SQA Engineer function:
The SQA engineer works as a team member embedded within a cross-functional Agile development team, with a focus on quality and testing. In conjunction with the technical team, SQA is responsible for verifying that projects at the launch stage are meeting the customer's expected design, data, and functionality standards. Responsibilities include:
- Manual, database, and automated testing
- Write and execute test cases based on project requirements, log and retest defects
- Review functionality from an end-user perspective to help identify usability issues
- Research industry trends in technical testing, think outside of the box to recommend and implement new approaches
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should demonstrate the following education, skills and experience
- Majoring in a relevant degree, such as information systems, computer science, business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, actively collaborates with team members
The ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Highly analytical and flexible, views roadblocks as an opportunity for learning and attacks them from multiple directions until a solution is found
- Previous software testing experience is required
- Database and/or automated testing experience is a plus
Knowledge of finance and the financial markets is a plus
2018 Summer Intern Requirements:
To be eligible to apply for a place on our intern program, you must be able to answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you legally eligible to work for the duration of the intern program in the country for which you have applied?
- Will you have completed your studies in either 2018 or 2019? This program is open to current students only.
- If you do not reside in the IHS Markit office location for which you are applying, are you able to self-relocate in time for the program start date?
Participation for the full duration of the 10-week program is expected. Please ensure you are available as per the dates below before submitting your application:
- North America – June 04 to August 10
- APAC – May 21 to July 27
- EMEA – June 04 to August 10
- India – May 21 to July 27
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy. IHS is a participant in E-Verify (see links below). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.