Business Intelligence Developer
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, Colo. The Business Intelligence Report Developer will sit in our Golden office.
The Business Intelligence Report Developer...
Our business is complicated, with more than 12 million homeowner service requests annually, and a dynamic internet landscape with rapidly-changing customer preferences and habits. Opportunities and decisions often involve numerous impact factors and multiple business units. This makes the Developer role so critical.
We work closely with the executive team and business units to develop, execute, monitor, and refine key initiatives. With this role, you'll step into a strategic role that will support our technology and product teams, primarily focusing on complex product reporting and data analysis. In addition to excelling in modeling and analysis, you'll need to utilize your SQL skills to quickly and accurately pull large data sets, and turn that into easily understandable information for the business. This is not a “take orders" environment – you are here for your passion and input about improving HomeAdvisor.
- 2 years in a Business Intelligence role
- Experience using enterprise BI tools (Oracle BI, Microstrategy, Tableau Server Admin etc.)
- Enterprise Dashboard development with a keen eye for design. Objects used in a report should be built for reusability when possible and future-proofed for hand-free maintenance.
- Strong, demonstrable SQL skills
- Knowledge of core data warehouse concepts
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience
- Passion for innovation, analytics and solving new challenges every day
- Hunger for learning, self-starter
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills
- Experience synthesizing information from numerous sources, working with incomplete data, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bonus round: proficiency with a scripting language (Python, R, etc.), Experience with an ETL tool
HomeAdvisor has been named one of Denver's Top Workplaces by the Denver Post, for the last 5 years in a row. We're known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Things you'll find here: jeans and sneakers, well-equipped game rooms, a bike share program, and on-site fitness classes. We have a progressive "take what you need" paid time-off policy, and a well-rounded package of health and welfare benefits that kick in within 30 days of your first day. Need we say more?
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/