Associate Project Manager
NEWMEDIA is looking for a Project Coordinator who is engaged, eager, smart, organized people-person who can manage multiple tasks at once, follow direction, handle complex things with aplomb, keep calm under pressure, communicate effectively between the client and members of the team, and have good client service/client management skills.
We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology’s new hotspots in the United States. Denver is a quality-of-life destination: People strive to live here for the myriad ways they may pursue a healthy lifestyle, which includes abundant outdoor activities (we average 300 sunny days a year). Denver also boasts great housing options, low unemployment, and decent commute times.
NEWMEDIA is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. Our work environment is friendly but hardworking; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes NEWMEDIA special is its PEOPLE.
Currently experiencing exponential growth, we strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services and we attract significant interest from both new clients and investors. We are a growing team of 50 fantastic people and projected to hit 100 by early 2017. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need to have the best and the smartest designers, developers, and project managers, and project coordinators joining our team. Ping pong skills are optional but highly recommended; on-the-job training is available.
Associate Project Managers at newmedia are responsible for managing a small team of developers to deliver quick turnaround projects to clients. Associate Project Managers are key players in ensuring that our smaller projects are successfully completed given the constraints of timeline, budget, personnel, and materials. Ultimately, we want every engagement between company and client to be a win-win and the Associate Project Manager’s performance will directly impact that goal.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of dozens of projects while delivering quality, timely work to clients.
- Create and execute project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed to complete individual tasks and assign responsibilities in conjunction with other key members of teams.
- Conduct frequent check-ins with clients and internal stakeholders to communicate progress, demonstrate the operations of web products and collect feedback where appropriate.
- Manage project budget, monitor for overages, and advise client and internal stakeholders on impending budgetary events.
- Ensure that members of the team are tracking their time (when/where appropriate), updating their tickets, and creating, storing, and updating any relevant documentation.
- Continually seek out opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Develop lasting relationships with clients that foster close ties.
- Inspire confidence in others to attain goals, pursue excellence and behave in a professional manner.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, make constructive suggestions for change, and positively contribute to the culture of the Company.
- Working closely with other team leads (e.g. UI/UX Lead) and/or other members of the Management Team (e.g. Director of Operations) to determine and implement software needs as required by evolving process strategy.
Teamwork and Resource Management
- Effectively utilize team members to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivate team members to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Conduct regular employee feedback sessions with Director of Business Development and other members of Management team, when appropriate.
- 2+ years experience in the role of a project coordinator, ideally assisting a team of 3 or more individuals over 3 or more concurrent projects.
- 1+ year(s) experience working in an agency environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and balance the needs of multiple concurrent small projects is a must.
- Adept at forecasting project timelines and resources.
- Knowledgeable on leading software project management and document sharing tools, such as JIRA, Basecamp, and Google Apps.
- Basic WordPress CMS experience, including user, content, taxonomy, and menu management.
- Basic Web knowledge, including SEO, responsive web design, etc.
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Open, collaborative environment in LoDo, steps away from Union Station.
- Professional development opportunities.
- On-site gym access.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid parking.