Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist’s focus and responsibility is the daily management of an assigned client portfolio with regard to Accounts Receivable. The significant responsibilities of the position are as follows: Collections – consistent, professional diligence in resolving client accounts holistically – invoices, credits, unapplied cash; Payment Application – accurately apply client payments according to provided remittances; Account Management – ensuring client information is accurate such as Accounts Payable/Invoicing contacts, working with clients to improve account transactions such as providing invoice numbers on payment remittances, and other related areas.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have strong attention to detail while managing a large client portfolio. While working under specific timelines and guidelines, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will need to have a positive attitude and the mindset to evaluate and improve processes and procedures to benefit not only Accounting but the effect on our clients.
- Consistent diligence of collecting accounts receivable with excellent follow-up to open issues.
- Addressing and resolving all account transactions – credits, short payments, unapplied cash, etc.
- Timely and professional resolution of past due accounts.
- Accurately apply client’s payments to their accounts per the remittances received. In the event of a remittance that is not received; must be able to contact client to request further documentation.
- Process client credit cards for all individual and corporate accounts ensuring clients do not become past due as a result of their credit card not being processed. Collaborate with internal/external clients when credit card is declined to resolve issue.
- Reconciliation of client accounts and research account issues for timely resolution with communication to internal/external clients.
- Prepare and develop various reporting as needed for internal stakeholders.
- Backup to rest of AR team in the event of absences, vacations, etc.
- Support internal/external clients with various collections issues.
- Special projects/duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence for desired outcome(s).
- Strong commitment to servicing internal/external clients with an emphasis on resolving client issues timely and accurately.
- Strong attention to detail and an advanced ability to problem solve independently.
- Must be able to work independently as well as follow direction from leadership.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - especially Microsoft Outlook and Excel. Ability to identify system improvements with internal accounting systems and develop case to implement.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred but not required.
Required Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of professional experience in Business to Business Collections with high volume accounts and large portfolios. (NO consumer collection agency experience.)
What we provide:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits
- Paid gym membership and organic fruit delivery.
- Free parking, free option for secure bike storage.
- Discounted Wireless Service plans
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities.
- A healthy work/life balance