What happens when a bunch of Colorado startups get together to support a charity? A giant homebrew competition, of course. Bootstrapped Brews, now in its second, more mature year, is going down in Capitol Hill on August 7th.
This year’s event is going to feature at least 38 different homebrews created by various Colorado startups — and you’ll get to try them all for a good cause. All the proceeds for the event are going to Promise Ranch, an organization that provides equine therapy for people with disabilities.
The event itself will be a beer-fueled networking event and homebrew competition, with the brews being made by various Colorado startups. You, as an attendee, get to show up and mill around the event trying various brews. As the night progresses, and your palate goes from superb to thinking Taco Bell is good idea, a panel of judges will reveal their choices for the best brews. Pretty sweet idea, right?
This is one of those rare opportunities in life where you’ll be able to call your hangover a charity donation.
Anyway, here are the companies brewing beer. I’ve yet to try any of them, but I happen to know that GoSpotCheck is no slouch when it comes to brewing.
- AdVision: An inbound marketing agency.
- AgilData: Developers of a big data platform.
- BowTie: Providers of enhanced fast static hosting.
- Brewability Lab: Training unemployed adults with developmental disabilities to brew beer.
- CivicCore: A cloud-based CRM software solution for nonprofits.
- Commerce Kitchen: An integrated web and mobile app consultancy.
- Craftsy: Making it easy to be craftsy.
- Ello: A social network without ads.
- Epoch Solutions Group: A geospatial solutions company for utilities and municipalities.
- ExpenseBot: Making expense reports less of a hassle.
- GoSpotCheck: Enabling brands to maximize their performance in the field.
- Lagrange Systems: A software platform that makes web apps faster.
- Monark: A collective of very creative people.
- Ombud: A software developer that allows companies to respond to markets faster.
- Parkifi: Making parking easier for everyone.
- Ping Identity: Enabling the right people to access the right things.
- ReadyTalk: Making video conferencing easy and robust.
- Slice of Lime: A user experience design company.
- Sphero: Creator of connected toys and robots you can play with.
- Stack Exchange: A network of question and answer communities including Stack Overflow.
- Tensentric: A consultancy focused on the design and development of medical and diagnostic devices.
Have a tip for us or know of a company that deserves coverage? Email us via [email protected]